Collinson, Financial Services & Retail Loyalty
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviour to drive revenue and value for its clients. We provide unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase customer engagement, loyalty and value.
Collinson Group has brought innovation to the market for over 25 years, from launching Priority Pass™, the first independent global VIP lounge access programme, to be the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct. Today, we continue to invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we deliver superior customer experiences.
We service over 800 clients in 170 countries, employ more than 2,000 staff in 28 global locations, and manage over 20 million end customers. Our industry and sector specialists provide market-leading experience across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Insurance, Assistance, and Lifestyle Benefits.
Collinson is the world-leading provider of lifestyle membership programmes and travel enhancement products. With a tiered product range tailored to the needs of financial and other service providers, we help clients to differentiate their products, drive acquisition, optimise brand offerings and retain valuable customers globally.
Priority Pass, is recognised as the flagship product in the sector. It is used by the world's largest financial services organisations add value to their propositions. Businesses also use it to augment employee benefit packages and enhance their corporate travel programmes. This is one of a range of brands and propositions we provide to the market today.
Collinson India has its offices in Mumbai and works with some of the best-known brands in the local market across the Financial Services, Hospitality, Automobile and Airline sectors. The team is a unique blend of industry and domain specialists with deep local market insight who design develop and deploy market leading propositions to create smarter experiences and deeper devotion for our client’s customers.
- To be self-driven and dedicated in understanding the domain and function knowledge provided during the initial training period. Later constantly put effort in improving/gaining in-depth knowledge of Realtime-XLS product and projects.
- While assigned on Product: To working closely with Product Solution Architect/Scrum-Master and Product team, to provide quality technical implementation.
- While assigned on Project: To work closely with Solution Architect and Project team, to provide quality technical implementation.
- Able to grasp the requirement from Solution architect/Scrum-Master/Technical Consultant and work on design and implementation
- Work closely with Solution Architect/Scrum-Master and Tech Leads to develop quality projects/products with focus on scalability, performance, security and good coding standards/principles.
- Keen on technologies and able to learn and gear-up on apt technologies that are efficient for the development and operations.
- Develop quality, robust software with solid unit testing.
- Handle installations/deployments of applications on workstations, development and QA environments.
- Ensure proper documentations are delivered together with quality software.
- Support system integration testing and QA.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 6 years minimum, of hands-on working/development experience.
- Strong experience in Java EE technology and expertise in Java is essential.
- Experience in Java frameworks and their implementation – Struts, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Axis2 and etc.
- Capability and willingness to learn and work on NodeJS.
Strong knowledge on REST/JSON, SOAP web services.
- Experience in designing, profiling and tuning high-performance, multi-threaded applications.
- Perform code reviews and proactively participate in development improvement exercises in the team.
- Basic Experience with Oracle database.
- Good knowledge on SQL.
- Knowledge of security standards (encryption, authentication) related to web and portals.
- Good knowledge on design patterns, secure coding (good grasp on OWASP), coding standards and principles. Knowledge of basic Unix environment is required.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Degree qualification to be Bachler of engineering (preferred in Computer Science/IT).
Preferred/Good to have knowledge on the below:
- Agile/scrum development methodology
- CVS, Git, GitHub
- Experience/knowledge in Node JS, Angular
- Tools like Eclipse, WebStorm, Postman, SoapUI, Nginx,
- Kafka, AWS, Auth0
- Knowledge in PLSQL, MySQL and NoSQL
Microservices development and concepts
- Automated unit testing, CI, CD and DevOps (SonarQube, Jenkins, Docker )
- Foundation framework/Bootstrap, DustJS, CSS3, Responsive design concepts
- Domain knowledge of banking/payment systems desirable
- PCI – PA DSS, OWASP, secure coding practices/principles.
Skills and Competencies:
Robust, secure and high-performance applications development in Java EE, keen interest on technologies all rounded (front-end, backend, DevOps), confident, agile, independent, ability to lead junior developers and good communicator.
The role requires one who -
- Has strong technical hands-on and good appetite for latest trends and various technologies
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Technically strong and attitude to lead/guide junior developers.
- Is self-driven, proactive, independent and who can work with minimal supervision
- Can work well, both independently and as a team player
- Able to excel in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Is enthusiastic in learning new technologies and
- Agile to change