Collinson Group is a global leader in driving loyalty and engagement for many of the world’s largest companies. Predominantly through the provision of travel related benefits within a market leading digital travel ecosystem. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits and Insurance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services now accessible to over 400m end consumers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,800 people.
We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Key clients include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, LATAM, Flying Blue, Accor, EasyJet, HSBC, Chase, HDFC.
Our mission is focused on doing good beyond profit, which for us means we seek out opportunities for our people to share in our success and that we give back to the communities and people within which we work.
Never short of ambition, the success of our business is delivered through the diverse and talented team of over 1,800 colleagues globally.
What You Will Do ....
Own the key strategic relationship with Mastercard regional offices in Toronto Purchase NY, and Miami. This role has oversight of all Mastercard business in the Americas region. The Regional Account Director seeks trends and insights and enables the success of the team. This role is charged with developing key relationships inside each of the HQ functions and is responsible for identifying additional revenue opportunities for all Collinson products in the Loyalty, Travel Experiences, and Insurance & Assistance lines in the Americas. Leadership and direction to deliver long-term profit and revenue growth through the formulation and implementation of appropriatecommercial, operations, and product strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Well-established ability to build rapport and network effectively, using a "consultative selling" approach.
- Expert in building relationships with the executive level of fortune 500 organizations.
- Formulation and implementation of strategic plans.
- Maintain a strong commercial awareness and understanding of commercial strategy, market intelligence and competitor insight.
- Identify, pursue and close new business within existing accounts via product, market, and portfolio expansion.
- Actively identify and pursue additional revenue opportunities, cross sales or expansion of existing portfolios that will increase Collinson’s value to the customer and increase customer satisfaction while meeting growth objectives.
- Help craft product and service offerings that maximize Collinson’s marketplace appeal to the market’s specific needs.
- Carry out regular account reviews. Be viewed as a trusted advisor by senior decision makers at a variety of client facing levels.
- Own and drive the professional business communications and on-going cross-functional interaction with the Client, Plano Leadership, London HQ, Operations, IT, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Service. Taking ownership of the client experience and meeting client expectation
- A personal interest in the intersection of travel and the banking, credit card industries.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual and strategic business skills.
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving analytical orientation and ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions using metrics and other business data.
- Able to make sound decisions based on company policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop direct reports in their career development.
- Strong project leadership and management abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years b2b Account Management experience or 7 years relevant equivalent experience
- Senior Account / Relationship management experience ideally selling to a payment network ( Amex, Visa, or MasterCard)
- Strong Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Commercial awareness and good understanding of international competitive environments.
- Fluent in English and Spanish required; Portuguese a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed (estimated 25-50%)
Collinson is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes differences in all their forms including: colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, family status, age, individuals with disabilities and people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences as we strongly believe this contributes to our on-going success.
We are focused on continually evolving our purpose driven, high performing culture, providing an environment where our people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and do interesting and meaningful work. Our company values are: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team and Be insight led. These help guide everything we do internally in terms of how we think, act and interact, right through to how we deliver value to our customers and clients.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need any extra support throughout the interview process, then please email us at email@example.com
We also have our very own Beacons (Domestic Abuse Advisors) supporting within each of our global offices. Our Beacons will be your point of contact if you or someone you know needs support.