Collinson Group is a global leader in driving loyalty and engagement for many of the world’s largest companies. Predominantly through the provision of travel related benefits within a market leading digital travel ecosystem. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits and Insurance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services now accessible to over 400m end consumers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,800 people.
We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Key clients include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, LATAM, Flying Blue, Accor, EasyJet, HSBC, Chase, HDFC.
Our mission is focused on doing good beyond profit, which for us means we seek out opportunities for our people to share in our success and that we give back to the communities and people within which we work.
Never short of ambition, the success of our business is delivered through the diverse and talented team of over 1,800 colleagues globally.
What does a User Experience Lead do?
As a Consumer Experience Lead you will be responsible to design and prototype the look and feel of digital (and sometimes non-digital) products and experiences, making it more intuitive, easy to use, and aesthetically pleasing for the user, conduct user research activities. On top of that, as a Lead you will be responsible for establishing best practices, propagating user-centricity, enabling professional growth of your less experienced colleagues.
You will work closely with various disciplines across the company to build, launch and iterate great user experiences.
What you will do?
- Set design standards for the team and train and support the team in UX best practices.
- Review design team outcomes, provide guidance, and collaborate closely with product management and engineering
- Lead regular creative sessions and establish an environment of learning amongst the team members to guide them through their journey to the better user experience and creative user interfaces
- Create user-centric designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities
- Create efficient and well-thought user flows, wireframes, design mock-ups, prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives
- Understand the market and competitive alternatives, their features, and industry trends to utilize this knowledge in the design process
- Conduct UX research and user interviews, help to select and recruit participants, run research, summarize, and report on the outcomes and customer feedback
- Perform UX audits and tests to iterate over existing designs and optimize the customer/user experience on a recurring basis
- Simplify and distil complex processes into intuitive and elegant UI and user experiences. Create and maintain detailed user-interface patterns and specifications
- Support development teams during implementation to ensure best possible user experience has been delivered. Be ready to adjust the designs where needed.
- Communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively through interactive and engaging prototypes. Adjust your communication to deliver the necessary messages and the level of details for different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Monitor the performance of the executed designs (adoption, conversion rate, user heat maps, etc) and follow-up to improve.
- Self-organized. Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every detail, every step of the way
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets.
What you'll need?
- 3+ years of Customer Experience design in B2C and B2B products
- Proven record of design ownership of consumer products, understand what it takes to create user-friendly, functional, consumer-oriented experiences
- Deep knowledge of design best practices and tools and experience establishing those as a standard within the design organization
- Highly skilled in using design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Invision, and/or other
- Proactive. You get nervous if you are not sketching concepts, tweaking flows, or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work
- Excellent communication skills that help you work with product and engineering and find common ground that allows to make product visions come to life
- Practical experience validating your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A / B test
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us
- Experience in facilitating meetings with project stakeholders to capture requirements
- Planning and estimation skills
- Experience in the travel industry is a plus.
- Bi-lingual (US English and Latin American Spanish) a plus.
You can look forward to a competitive salary and benefit plan including but not limited to:
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, life & LTD insurance for employees
- 100% match to your 401k deferrals (limited) with 100% vesting at 6 months
- Supplemental Insurance including STD, additional Life
- Priority Pass Membership
- Global Mentoring Program
- Wellness Programs
- Lifestyle Benefits
Collinson is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes differences in all their forms including: color, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, family status, age, individuals with disabilities and people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences as we strongly believe this contributes to our on-going success.
We are focused on continually evolving our purpose driven, high performing culture, providing an environment where our people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and do interesting and meaningful work. Our company values are: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team and Be insight led. These help guide everything we do internally in terms of how we think, act and interact, right through to how we deliver value to our customers and clients.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
If you need any extra support throughout the interview process, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org