Financial Controller – EMEA
We usually respond within a week
Collinson Group is a global leader in driving loyalty and engagement for many of the world’s largest companies. Predominantly through the provision of travel related benefits within a market leading digital travel ecosystem. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits and Insurance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services now accessible to over 400m end consumers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,800 people.
We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Key clients include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, LATAM, Flying Blue, Accor, EasyJet, HSBC, Chase, HDFC.
Our mission is focused on doing good beyond profit, which for us means we seek out opportunities for our people to share in our success and that we give back to the communities and people within which we work.
Never short of ambition, the success of our business is delivered through the diverse and talented team of over 1,800 colleagues globally.
What does a Financial Controller do at Collinson?
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, the Financial Controller – EMEA is responsible for planning, directing and performing all technical accounting and other regulatory activity for the EMEA Region and supporting the regional senior finance team as required. The role will be part of the Global Controllership organisation.
Having a dotted line to the EMEA Finance Director, the role will lead on the application of applying Group policy and technical accounting in respect of customer and supplier contracts (revenue recognition, lease accounting, etc.), investment decisions including mergers and acquisitions work and other areas requiring accounting technical knowledge. It will be a great opportunity to be “at the table” in the commercial decision-making process by providing the EMEA FD and their Finance Business Partners vital consultation in respect of technical accounting.
This role will not be responsible for any of the day-to-day transactional accounting or month end reporting processes within the region which is performed by the Global Finance Operations (FinOps) team. The role will lead on providing guidance to FinOps to ensure they are applying Group Policy and FRS 102 accurately.
The role will be responsible for all regulatory compliance within the region with a heavy dependency on FinOps who will produce the majority of the information required for the filings which will then be reviewed and approved by the role.
This role will also be the technical financial lead on a number of group wide projects including corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, disposals, technical policy development, etc
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure material transactions recorded by FinOps are compliant with Group policy and FRS 102
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Develop and document accounting and financial control policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Own and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Lead on EMEA compliance with Government, and HMRC filing and reporting requirements
- Anticipate financial issues, escalate and dealing with effectively
- Responsible to deliver statutory accounts for all relevant entities in the region
- Lead and project manage the EMEA external audit process
- Support ad hoc finance and non-finance projects as required
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements – Companies House, HMRC etc
To be successful in your application, you’ll have experience of working within a similar role alongside an accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA).
This role will require strong technical accounting knowledge and experience creating financial statements, alongside being able to interact and engage confidently with very senior stakeholders across multiple functions and time-zones. In addition, experience with UK direct and indirect tax reporting and accounting software skills.
Key skills and experience to be evidenced within your application include:
- Strong in-depth technical accounting knowledge and experience (FRS102, IFRS or US GAAP)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with UK direct and indirect tax regulatory reporting requirements
- Excellent accounting software user skills (Dynamics and Infor BI desired)
- Have a focus on value creation
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines
- Must be agile and comfortable working within a fast-moving environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with ability to influence and interpret financial information to provide insight
- High attention to detail, highly accurate, a self-starter, flexible, comfortable with change able to work to strict reporting requirements
- Able to interact confidently with very senior stakeholders across multiple functions and time-zones
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme, and further benefits:
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Personal Income Protection
- Private Medical
- Discounted gym membership
- Wellness advice and support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Priority Pass Membership (Collinson Exclusive)
- Travel Insurance (Collinson Exclusive)
Our values form the foundation of our business, and the Collinson company culture is built around these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise for both our customers and employees. They are summarised across four pillars: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team, and Be insight-led.
Collinson’s journey started over 30 years ago, when our chairman, Colin Evans, was Managing Director of IAPA, a global travel benefits business with a history stretching back to 1963.
Once formed, Collinson was further strengthened by the acquisition of established companies that allowed us to expand on our offerings.
Collinson is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes differences in all their forms including: colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, family status, age, individuals with disabilities and people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences as we strongly believe this contributes to our on-going success.
We are focused on continually evolving our purpose driven, high performing culture, providing an environment where our people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and do interesting and meaningful work. Our company values are: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team and Be insight led. These help guide everything we do internally in terms of how we think, act and interact, right through to how we deliver value to our customers and clients.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need any extra support throughout the interview process, then please email us at email@example.com
We also have our very own Beacons (Domestic Abuse Advisors) supporting within each of our global offices. Our Beacons will be your point of contact if you or someone you know needs support.
- Central Services
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We use our expertise and products to craft customer experiences. Our range of services helps global brand acquire, engage and retain choice-rich customers.
© 2023 Collinson International Limited. Registered in England & Wales under registration No. 2577557
Registered address : 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ, United Kingdom.
Financial Controller – EMEA
Loading application form
Already working at Collinson?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.