Purpose of the job
The Business Development Director, Singapore will be responsible to target, sell and contract Collinson solutions within Singapore. The individual will be expected to personally identify sales prospects, create the right client engagement and manage these, ultimately closing the sale. By the very nature of our clients’ requirements, the incumbent will be skilled in leveraging the wider organisation and external strategic partners to create winning sales propositions & bid teams.
• Lead Business Development activities in Singapore with a primary focus on the Financial Services and Travel sectors but with specific opportunities in other select industries.
• To own a territory Business Development Target and achieve Pipeline, Sales Revenue and Gross Margin metrics
• Identify target key decision makers and influencers among qualified prospects and build commercially viable relationships via Networking and proactive dialogue/engagement
• To develop deep and wide relationships within B2B targets where decision makers and influencers can be extensive.
• To deeply understand prospect business needs and challenges
• To design and articulate complex business solutions into saleable solutions for both new and existing clients that meet the needs of targets.
• Nurture and optimize Strategic partnerships to support commercial goals
• Project manage client opportunities in conjunction with Business Solutions and Country teams
• Deliver on administration and reporting processes to support efficient working, including Salesforce updates, Bid Qualification processes, commercial, legal and operational sign off.
• Represent Collinson at Key industry events
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Demonstrable self-starter who can close out solutions contracts of significant scale
• 7+ years in loyalty or Customer engagement selling
• Track record of Consultative, solution selling with strong customer centric mindset
• Evidence of building pipelines and converting large scale deals
• Gravitas to effectively engage at C level in large organizations
• The DNA of a solutions sales person who craves to understand the customer in depth, their business environment, and their business needs deeply before even starting to talk about Collinson.
• A natural hunter with the inherent drive to find new opportunities and 'close’ new business
• A proven track record of winning new loyalty or customer engagement solutions deals.
• A high level of discipline in opportunity qualification – recognizing that qualifying out is as important as qualifying in.
• Strong commercial orientation
• A very strong networker who has an established senior client contact list in the target base
• Outstanding consultative sales approach with the ability to form strong working relationships through exceptional gravitas, an engaging personality and business credibility
• A clear philosophy the solution sales success is highly dependent on understanding a customer deep and wide. That this takes significant research effort to understand THEM and only then does the solutions sales person have the right to talk to the customer about US.
• A real can do will do attitude. Does not recognize boundaries and thrives in an environment of opportunity, confidence and hunger for growth
• Sets and achieves very high levels of performance and continually strives for personal improvement in all that they do
• High levels of energy, thrives on being challenged and will take others on the journey of success
• Will take accountability for action and takes deals through to closure and ensure a clean transition to the delivery and in-life team
• An equally strong influencer internally as externally to ensure that the internal organization and strategic partners are brought on the sales journey.
• High standards of personal presentation