Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviour to drive revenue and add value for clients. Its breadth of expertise in Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance creates an unrivalled level of insight into affluent consumers and frequent travellers. Working across these practice areas, the group leverages these synergies to develop and deliver market-leading products and services that create engagement, value and loyalty for hundreds of the world's leading companies with millions of end customers across the world.
Purpose of the job
The Director- Business Development, South Asia (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives) is responsible for driving new business while establishing a strong market presence for Collinson Group - world's leading Travel Experience, Loyalty Marketing & CRM service provider, in the Indian market. The person fulfilling this role is expected to achieve revenue and net margin goals through established prospect lists and new market expansion.
• Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing options to market Collinson’s products and services
• Lead consultative sales engagements, interacting with the CXO level of major brands across Financial Services, Travel, Insurance, Automotive, Technology and other key sectors
• Manage the end-to end sales process from target selection and initial pitch to negotiating and closing the deal
• Responsible for delivering significant growth targets with an eye on profitability
• Helping develop new commercial business models to grow our Travel Experience & Loyalty Services business
• This position will be part of the South Asia leadership team and would be a key contributor to the go-to-market strategy
• Contribute to the wider growth of the business in new and unidentified sectors; Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• This is also a team leading position and the person will be responsible to mentor the team to achieve revenue and GM goals from new business for the market
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Real hunger and energy to grow the business and secure deals with a hunter’s aptitude
• A strong analytical skill-set to help identify key target sectors and structure complex deals that deliver long term results for us and our Partners
• Having a strong network of professional contacts within Financial Services, Insurance, Travel sector would be an advantage
• Developed relationship building skill – deals can be 6-9 months and require strong stakeholder management internally and externally
• Proven commercial acumen
• A real focus on the consumer – probably acquired through experience in a consumer-facing organization
• Should be able to hold conversations at C-suite level in target prospect organizations
Impact and gravitas at CXO level
• 12-15 years of experience
• 5+ years of experience in Business Development role
• Marketing Graduate, preferably an MBA
• Experience in working with Financial Services, Hospitality, Airlines and Retail Sector would be a plus
• B2B sales experience would be advantageous
• Good knowledge and working experience in Financial Services, Loyalty Marketing and CRM