Purpose of the job
· To manage a team of operations engineers in Collinson’s Managed Operations Services (MOS) team.
· To be the first level of escalation & contact by Collinson’s customers & service management teams, for any operations related matters.
· To engage internal and external stake holders in matters pertaining to operating the hosted applications & systems.
· To work closely with Collinson’s partners for managed services (infra and security).
· Own the end-to-end implementation of Collinson’s Loyalty Product on public / hybrid cloud infrastructure.
· Gain a thorough understanding of the Loyalty product being operated by the team.
· Deliver a fully operated Loyalty Services to Collinson’s customers in EMEA, ASPAC and ANZ.
· Monitor and manage Customer SLAs.
· Vendor management – contracts, commercials, SLAs, service reviews, escalations, negotiations, etc.
· Work with internal and customer’s project teams to support infra-related enhancements for new projects & upgrades. Be single point of contact for all operational matters.
· Own & drive all production incidents until completion.
· Drive continuous improvement and enhancements within the team.
· Deliver periodic reporting to the relevant internal & external stakeholders.
· Participate in security & compliance audits, as the owner of the MOS team. Work with internal and external teams to ensure a successful completion of all these audits.
· Conduct periodic reviews – e.g. user access reviews, firewall reviews, DR plan reviews, etc.
· Be available on-call 24x7x365 to support any production incidents/calls & also ensure the team is able to deliver on the relevant SLAs.
· Excellent spoken and written English communication skills (a must have).
· Great team player & a friendly “people person”.
· Excellent coach & mentor to others in the team.
· Hire new operations engineers as part of team expansion.
· Minimum 7-10 years of prior experience in managing an infra / application operations team which hosted and delivered enterprise transactional applications on public cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.).
· Extensive knowledge of cloud hosting, server & network management in a cloud environment, IS A MUST.
· Extensive knowledge of infrastructure monitoring (PRTG, Nagios, Solarwinds, etc.).
· Can quickly identify and troubleshoot Application (Solutions), Systems & Infrastructure issues.
· Knowledge of Reporting performance SLAs to customers.
· Vendor management experience IS A MUST.
· Experienced in commercial negotiations, contracts/SLAs with vendors.
· Experience in setting up and/or operating a PCI-DSS or ISO:27001certified platform.
· Experience in Banking / Loyalty Services domain.
· This job requires honouring & delivering a 24X7x365 SLA to our customers – so after-office hours or weekend engagement should be expected. These extra workings would be compensated.
· Effective Leader – leading by example, identifying issues and coming up with solutions for the team. Able to gain confidence of the team & being an effective mentor/coach.
· Technology champion – Must have extensive prior experience in various cloud technologies and software technologies (e.g. Java, Oracle DB, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
· Problem solver – should possess relevant technology, application & people skills to solve any kind of problem for the team.
· Able to translate high level strategic thinking to tangible, actionable roadmaps for execution.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate at ease with all levels of management, team members, clients, and other stakeholders across different cultures and time zones.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
· Ability to handle customer expectations, communication and withstand demanding situations.
· Ability to hire, build, management and motivate small to medium sized operations team.
· Strong capability in time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
· Excellent multi-tasker.
· Meticulous in whatever he/she does and has an eye for details.
· Highly flexible and adaptable to fast-changing situations.
· Someone who can soak up the pressure and maintain a cool head even in high-pressure situations.
· Good collaboration skills. Transparent & sincere.
· Able to coach and mentor the team members, while driving them to reach the established goals.
· Able to put team’s interests in front of own’s.